Our mission is to improve the lives of our patients and future generations by developing enhanced medical therapies through clinical research. Compassionate care combined with our comprehensive research services facilitate our dedication to expanding knowledge of psychiatric and medical conditions.
- Compassion: Maintaining a compassionate approach in clinical research trials upholds our mission to improve the lives of our patients and community.
- Innovation: Continuous innovation in the clinical research field ensures our focus remains to further the development and understanding of medical therapies.
- Collaboration: Commitment to nourishing lasting, collaborative relationships with our pharmaceutical sponsors makes Alea a reliable research facility.
- Accountability: We demonstrate scientific and ethical accountability and integrity through enrolling the right patients and providing high quality, dependable clinical research data in a timely manner.
Jelena Kunovac, M.D., M.S.
Dr. Jelena Kunovac M.D., M.S. serves as Chief Executive Officer and Founder of Altea Research, Las Vegas, Nevada and Alea Research Phoenix, Arizona, as well as Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of Excell Research, Oceanside, California. She has over 20 years of experience in the clinical trials industry. Dr. Kunovac conducts Phase I to Phase IV clinical trials, primarily in the CNS area. She serves on scientific and pharmaceutical Editorial and Advisory Boards. Prior to dedicating her career to clinical research, Dr. Kunovac was a practicing psychiatrist.
In addition, she is an Adjunct Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Dr. Kunovac regularly authors scientific publications in respected medical journals and presents her research at scientific meetings around the world.
Dr. Kunovac is Board Certified in Psychiatry. She completed Residency Training in Psychiatry at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD). While at UCSD, Dr. Kunovac was a NIMH fellow. Previously, she received a Master’s Degree in Biological Psychiatry and an M.D. from the University Of Belgrade School Of Medicine where she graduated as the Valedictorian of her class.
As a former TV talk show host in her native Yugoslavia, Dr Kunovac is in great demand as a public speaker, and travels all over the world teaching and lecturing doctors and other health care professionals on advances in the field.
Abeer Abdelfattah, MD, Lead Clinical Rater
Dr. Abdelfattah received her Doctorate in Medicine from Universidad Auntonoma de Guadalajara School of Medicine. She attended California State University, Fullerton, earning a bachelor’s degree in Biology. Dr. Abdelfattah completed pre-internship year in Arizona, following an externship year in Psychiatry at North Vista Hospital in Las Vegas. Dr. Abdelfattah joined Altea Research Las Vegas in 2015 as a Head of the Recruitment. The following year she assumed the position of a Clinical Rater.
Alyssa McKinney, PA-C, MMS
Clinical Operations Director
Ms. McKinney earned her Master of Medical Science Physician Assistant Studies at Midwestern University and is a NCCPA certified Physician Assistant. She received a Bachelor of Science from the University of California San Diego and has worked in clinical trials since 2012. As Clinical Operations Director, Ms. McKinney brings years of clinical trials experience in Phase I-IV trials to the Alea Research team.
We’ve conducted studies in the following areas:
- Bipolar Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Opiate Dependence
- Cocaine Dependence
- Opioid Induced Constipation (OIC)
- Alcohol Abuse Disorder
- Low Back Pain